Sunday, February 16, 2014

Am Back!



With thanks to many many generous and amazing friends and family, I am now back up and running with a new pc. I can not thank them enough for helping me and without them I would still be running about trying to organise something. Thankyou! <3

This is all a little new to me, Ive been an XP gal for many years and Win8 is new and exciting but a little confusing. I'll take me a few days to get everything installed and set the way I prefer but there shouldn't be any gap in pattern releases. Im now in the process of typing up the 13 patterns I wrote while offline, so I guess the quiet time was good for something!

The other thing I want to talk about today is the fact that some typos have been popping up. Mostly this is because there are no testers besides myself looking at the patterns, and when your one person raising a family and running/working for multiple charities, well you tend to make typos. I'll be setting up a testers group (likely on FB or maybe Ravelry) of a few people so each pattern can be tested. It also means people will have some project photos to add which will give everyone a better idea of what the item looks like :D

Lastly, its been happening again, that is, people running off with my work and pasting the entire pattern (and the pics!) in other places. I know I have no way to police this, but please, if you want to share one of my patterns, link to the blog.
The advert clicks I receive here are the ONLY money I make on my patterns, and I want to keep them free for everyone, so sharing the links rather then pinching the entire texts is important (and its kinda illegal to pilfer someones work yo!)

Love ya's all, and happy crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back. I had to get a new work PC in Dec. It also has Win8, and I HATE it. It took me almost 2 months to even start playing around with it. I know how to work on it enough to get my work done, then it is back to my trusty win7 laptop. Thanks for all the sharing of the patterns. My nieces in Japan loved all the barbie clothes I made for them from some of your patterns. There were a couple I started from your patterns and then tweaked it a little to get a different pattern for the girls. I am so grateful to talented people like yourself to share your talent with us. I have been crocheting for over 40 years, but cannot for the life of me design my own patterns, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete